- Ballad is any romantic composition that can be sung in the same melody. It has romantic and sentimental character... usually composed of two stanzas.
- It is commonly called as the music for ballad.
- It is a narrative poem that anyone could sing it.
e.g. courtesy from my sample pre test
There lived a wife at Usher's Well,
And a wealthy wife was she;
She had three stout and stalwart sons,
and sent them o'er the sea.
What is a monologue?
- It is a form of poem with a dramatic composition being express with a single speaker.
- Its like a drama but being acted by a single character.
- addressing another character or speaking to the audience
e.g. fomous monologue "The Green Tie on the Little Yellow Dog"
There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Kathmandu,
There's a little marbles cross below the town;
There's a broken-hearted woman tends the grave of Mad Carew
And the Yellow God forever gazes down.
what is a dramatic monologue?
- It is in a poetic form with a single character of speaker.
- Revealing her or himself in a dramatic form of situation.
- Addressed by a character to a second person
- It exhibits feelings and thoughts
- delivered loud to the audience but speaking alone.
e.g. courtesy from my practise prep test
She thanked men,-good! But thanked.
Somehow-I know not how-as if she ranked
My gift of a nine-hundred-years-old name
With antibody's gift. Who'd stoop to blame
This short of trifling?