- An expression that uses language in non-literal way. This are being express to suggest some effect, meaning, sound, image or any related resemblance. It can be metaphor, simile, personification or antithesis.
--------Metaphor and Simile-------
What is simile?
- This is a form of figure of speech in which two unlike things are being compared to each other.
- Things are being compared using as and like.
e.g. Emie is like a flower in my garden.
emie is compared to a flower, they are absolutely different from each other.
e.g. Your gold earings are as shine in the morning.
Gold earings are being compared as shine in the morning.
What is Metaphor?
- A form of figure of speech in which words are being compared without the use of like and as.
- Phrase are being applied to something though literally its not applicable.
- To designate the words to emply a resemblance.
- representing some symbols.
e.g. Jhons love is everlasting on janes eyes
Life is a blessing, death is a curse
Time is gold , pain is thorns
obstacles are stones
--------Personification and Antithesis------
What is Personification?
- its a figure of speech on which an imaginary thing or creature is being conceived or figured to represent something.
- its an abstraction
- another piece of dramatic literary work
e.g. "River shout while flowing" it is a personification because river can not shout.
"Diamond is love" it is a personification because diamond is not a living things nor feel love.
What is antithesis?
- Its a figure of speech in which it deliberates contrasting ideas but in a balance phrase.
- Direct opposition and contrast
e.g. Peace is the antithesis of war.
Quite is the antithesis of noise.
Give me freedom or give me death.