The examples are:
- Shampoo is to hair as detergents are to clothes
- Teachers are to students as Doctors are to patients
- Fingers are to Hands, toes are to feet
- Dolls are to girls as toys are to boys
Antonyms are words that has opposite meaning to another.
- e.g. Ugly is an antonym of beautiful
e.g. in sentence: Good friend is happy to see you win and feel sad when see you lose.
Synonyms are the words that has similar or near meaning.
- e.g. happy-glad
e.g. in sentence: I am happy to see you. Or I am glad to see you
Colloquialisms are expressions that is not formal, often used in an casual conversation
- wife-old lady
- tough titty-bad luck
e.g. in a sentence: I really need to get my own ride soon, its hard to get a job without it. Or I really need to get my own car soon, its hard to get a job without it.